Saturday 7 July 2018

Kurdistan

When we arrived in Kurdistan, we slept in the streets because we didn’t have anywhere else to go. We slept on the ground for 15 days without a bed, without a pillow, without anything. 


After that, the Iraqi government started to organize camps for the displaced people. I went to a small village in Kurdistan and stayed there for a year. After that, I arrived in the camp Qadia. 


I lived in the camp for 2 years, and I met a lot of people once again. I went to school and worked as a volunteer in one organization to help the children to forget their childhood full of war, murder, persecution and disaster.




At school I met many teachers and students and learned a lot. I went to school in the camp for two years. 


My classmates. 

My teachers.
My classmates and me.

I used to live my life in a very simple way, but the war had not been stopped and the situation in Iraq was so bad. We were scared and never knew when an explosion would happen and ISIS would return to kill, exploit, or sell us. We were afraid because they might do every terrible thing they had done to us again. We said we would go to Europe to live life safely and without war – without fighting and without horror. After we left Iraq, we came to Turkey and stayed there a few days.




No comments:

Post a Comment